Did you know, Canada has over 80 immigration programs to offer?
While Toronto or Vancouver remain the top choices as they have plenty of great opportunities, there are a lot of lesser-known cities and provinces that you will love to settle in. New Brunswick is one of such provinces.
With historical and cultural roots all over the world, the maritime province of New Brunswick offers a relaxed and affordable lifestyle. It’s proximity to nature and the ocean is slowly attracting more and more immigrants to settle in this province.
The province has a total population of approximately 800,000 people 5% of which are immigrants. This beautiful place is filled with charming towns and enchanting villages. The capital city of New Brunswick is Fredericton and the biggest city is Moncton.
New Brunswick’s economy is diverse in nature. Some of the major industries include forestry, fishing, mining, agriculture, information technology (IT) and tourism.
Those willing to migrate to Canada can settle in New Brunswick through the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP). As you know, the criteria for each PNP depends on the unique needs of the province’s economy.
If you wish to move to New Brunswick, here is a comprehensive guide on New Brunswick PNP program:
New Brunswick is Canada’s only officially bilingual province. The New Brunswick PNP offers a separate stream for francophones in addition to its regular immigration streams.
In this article, we will cover:
- Overview of New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program (NBPNP)
- How to qualify for a New Brunswick PNP?
- Step-by-step application process for NBPNP
- Who can help me become a New Brunswick provincial nominee?
Overview of New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program (NBPNP)
The New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program is a Canadian Immigration program for those who wish to live and work in the province. The program aims to invite foreign nationals who possess the skills, relevant work experience and education to take up in-demand jobs in New Brunswick.
There are four main immigration streams that come under for permanent residency (PR):
- NB Skilled Worker Stream: This stream is for those who have a valid job offer from a New Brunswick employer and intend to permanently live and work in the province.
- NB Express Entry Stream (EE): This stream is for those who meet the requirements of the Express Entry system and have a valid profile there. They should also possess the skills, have relevant education, and work experience to boost the province’s economy.
- NB Business Immigration Stream: This stream is for post-graduates or experienced entrepreneurs who wish to start, operate, and manage a business and live permanently in New Brunswick.
- NB Strategic Initiative Stream: This stream is for French-speaking individuals who possess the skills, have relevant education, and work experience to contribute to the economy. They also need to show an intention to live and work in the province.
How to qualify for a New Brunswick PNP
There are several streams that you can apply for to become a permanent resident in New Brunswick.
NB Skilled Workers Stream
This stream is for experienced foreign workers possessing the necessary skills, education, and work experience and have a valid job offer from a New Brunswick employer.
- You have a permanent, full-time position in an eligible occupation and are offered a competitive salary.
- You are fully qualified for the position.
- Your employer is ready to support your PR application.
- You have a minimum one year continuous paid experience in a NOC Level 0, A, B, C, or D job in the past five years.
- Your age is between 19 and 55 years.
- You have CLB level 4 or equivalent in English or French.
- You have the equivalent of a Canadian high school diploma.
- You must have a minimum of 60 points in the selection factors.
- Intend to permanently live and work in New Brunswick.
NB Express Entry
This category is for those candidates who have an Express Entry Profile.
- A valid Express Entry profile in the IRCC and Job Seeker Validation Code.
- Age between 22 to 55 years.
- Currently living in New Brunswick.
- Working for a New Brunswick employer in NOC Level 0, A, or B OR have a valid Canadian Study Permit for a designated learning institution.
- Have a minimum one year experience in an occupation that matches NOC Level 0, A, or B.
- Minimum one year of continuous paid experience in an NOC Level 0, A, or B job.
- CLB/NCLC Level 7 or equivalent in language test.
- A valid Education Credentials Assessment (ECA) attesting to a minimum of a Canadian High School diploma.
- Proof of funds to support you and your family.
- Minimum of 67 points
- Intention to permanently live and work in New Brunswick.
NB Business Immigration Stream
This stream is for foreign nationals who intend to move to New Brunswick and start and actively manage a business in the province.
- Age between 21 and 59 years.
- A business owner with minimum 51% stake or is a senior business manager for at least three of the past five years.
- Your business must provide economic benefit to the province.
- Either shifting an existing business or establishing a new business to sell goods and/or services and earn profits.
- The business must create one full-time job for a citizen or permanent resident living in New Brunswick.
- The business must be established as a partnership, corporation or sole proprietorship.
- Invest a minimum of $150,000 CAD and control at least 33.30% equity in the business.
- If buying an established business. It must demonstrate that it is in continuous operation by the same owner who is a citizen or permanent resident for a minimum three years. The business should be purchased at a fair market value and prove net profit for at least two of the previous three years. The business should continue to offer employment to existing staff.
- Language test score of CLB/NCLC Level 5 or equivalent.
- Equivalent of a Canadian high school diploma.
- Minimum of 65 points.
- Willing to live permanently in New Brunswick.
NB Post-Grad Entrepreneurial Stream (PGES)
This stream is for foreign students who have graduated from a recognized New Brunswick university or college or have started or acquired a business in the province.
- Age between 22 and 40 years.
- Language test score of CLB/NCLC Level 7 or equivalent.
- Have a full-time, in-person post-secondary diploma or degree of at least 2 years from a recognized educational institution.
- Owned and operated a successful business in New Brunswick for a minimum of one year.
- A valid Post-Graduate Work Permit at the time of applying.
- Score at least 65 points
- Own 100% of the business and be actively involved in the daily management.
- Gets a salary which meets the Low-Income Cut-Off plus 10%.
- Must be a for-profit business and create at least one full-time position for a citizen or a permanent resident.
- Willing to live permanently in New Brunswick.
NB Strategic Initiative Stream
This stream is for French-speaking foreign skilled workers having relevant education, and experience to contribute to the economy of NB.
- Age between 19 and 55 years.
- Minimum language score of NCLC Level 5 or equivalent.
- Minimum of a Canadian high school diploma.
- Meet one of three conditions:
- Have a valid job offer from an NB employer.
- Conduct an exploratory visit to NB.
- Have a direct ITA (invitation to apply).
- Valid job offers must come under NOC 0, A, B, C, or D, and should be full-time and pay a competitive salary.
- Proof of license or certificate if your job is in a regulated occupation.
- Minimum one year continuous paid experience in a NOC Level 0, A, B, C, or D job.
- Proof of funds of a minimum of $12,669 CAD.
- Minimum of 65 points.
- Willing to settle permanently in New Brunswick.
Step-by-step application process for New Brunswick PNP
Confirm you qualify
Once you know which entry labour market stream is best for you, it’s important to double check you meet all the mandatory requirements. Once you do that, you are now ready to apply and submit an expression of interest for New Brunswick PNP.
Submit an immigration application online
This is valid for New Brunswick Express Entry stream only. Immigrants must submit an express entry profile online through Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). They need to meet the requirements for one of the following programs:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program
- Federal Skilled Trades Program
- Canadian Experience Class
Once you submit your application, you will assigned an Express Entry profile number and Job Seeker validation code.
Register for a new profile
Register for a new profile with the New Brunswick INB System and provide the following information:
- First name
- Last name
- Email address
Complete your profile
You can complete your profile in the following four categories:
- Candidate information
- Family members
- Contact Information
You can then select the stream you wish to apply under.
Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI)
You must indicate your connection to New Brunswick. Are you a full-time employee? Do you have a valid job offer and so on. After that, you need to complete the following sections:
- Work experience
Click on “Calculate Score” after submitting all the information to generate a self-assessment score. You will be added to the EOI pool once your application is complete. You will receive a letter from the Department of Post-Secondary Education, Training, and Labour (PETL) informing you about the same.
Please Note: If you’re applying under New Brunswick PNP while enrolled in a PGWP-eligible program and are applying under the New Brunswick Express Entry stream, send an email to [email protected] with the following documents:
- Proof of residence in New Brunswick.
- Proof of enrolment in an eligible study program.
- Valid Express Entry profile number and Job Seeker validation code
You will then receive instructions on how to submit your EOI.
Please note: For Entrepreneurial or Post Graduate Entrepreneurial applications only, you need to select <I want to operate and actively manage a business in New Brunswick> and then click <Start My EOI>.
a. Provide information in the following areas:
- NB Connection
- Validate Profile
- Submit EOI.
b. You will then receive a letter of acknowledgement from the PETL.
c. Once your EOI is selected, you need to submit your full application within 90 days through the INB Portal and pay the processing fee of $2,140 CAD by credit card or e-Transfer.
d. If selected, you are permitted to work on your business plan after receiving your work permit.
e. Your business must be open and you must submit a report to the GNB within the first nine months following your arrival date in Canada.
Submit your full application in the INB Portal
You then need to submit your full application within 45 days of receiving your ITA (Invitation to Apply). Please follow the steps below to submit a full application:
- Click <new> in the “Start My Application” section
- Review and validate all the information
- Upload all the supporting documents
- Fill out personal history requirements
- Fill out valid and complete information on the job offer and other requirements for the stream you are applying under.
Make payment of fees
You need to pay a fees of $1,365 CAD with credit card or e-Transfer at this stage. You can then submit your application.
Apply for permanent residence
If your application is successful, the final step is to apply for permanent residence through IRCC. Please note, It is a sole discretion of Government of Canada to grant permanent residency to you.
What happens after I qualify for New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program?
In case you are applying for Permanent Residence through an Express Entry stream, you can gain 600 additional points in your CRS score if you secure a PNP nomination. This guarantees an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residence.
Who can help me file the PNP application?
Keel’s team of expert Licensed Canadian Immigration Consultants can help you figure out everything on the New Brunswick immigration program. Our streamlined immigration services will take care of the entire process from the day you decide to change your life until settling in Canada.
Schedule your call today, let’s make your Canada dream a reality.
Click here to book your consultation.